Monday 3 October 2011

Travel: Italy

Following my other posts relating to the countries I’ve had the fortune to see, here’s a post about a country where the people are as warm and inviting as the climate--Italy!

The people of Italy are so friendly, even when there has been an obvious language barrier they have always tried hard to help me break through that and communicate!

This first photograph is from my first visit to Italy (again as part of a cruise). My family and I went on a guided tour of Rome, which took in many of the ancient sights including the area around the Colosseum, St Peter’s Basilica and...


The Trevi Fountain! Obviously this is just part of it. None of my photographs can do it justice.
This was probably the hottest day I have ever experienced, including when I went to Egypt! Still, it was fantastic to see such famous sights (and wonderful to step into the awe-inspiring coolness of St Peter’s Basilica. Unfortunately all my photographs of  that place came out dark, boo!)


From a second trip to Italy, these following three pictures are all taken from the same place; a church in an area known as Tuscania.


This is the 8th century Church of St. Peter. We weren’t able to go inside, but there was a lot to look at outside!

Here’s a close up of the ‘rose window’:


The church was pretty far up a hill and had beautiful views of Italy’s rustic countryside:


Italy is such a lovely country! Between the sights, the history and the food (and wine, of course!) there is surely something for everyone to love here.

I’ve only shared a few photographs of this country today, but I plan to make a separate post relating to Pompeii, where I spent a whole day being amazed at the architecture, murals and history. So please keep popping back!

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are so inviting, love the rose window. I've never been to Italy, but hope to some day. Thanks so much for sharing and for visiting with me:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) it's were i'm from! of course i like it!!! xox, d.

    ReplyDelete

Reading all your sweet comments makes me happy! :) I appreciate each and every one and try to reply to all that I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...