Wednesday 11 April 2012

Scraps Aplenty

Yesterday I received a package from my awesome friend Sara, from whom I'd bought some books. She also sent along a bag of fabric scraps, knowing I'm a crafty sort!


Aren't the colours great? A lot of it is offcuts and small scraps, but there are a few slightly larger pieces of fabric too (such as the red/green/yellow patterned, and the plain green fabrics).

This pile of fabrics is fantastic--mostly colours I wouldn't buy on a whim, and little embroidered offcuts that will make a great embellishments.

Now I need to decide what to make with it all...

I have thought about bunting--it's a craft I want to try!

Either regular bunting...


Source: lh4.ggpht.com via Kei on Pinterest

...or the rag bunting that seems all the rage right now:

Especially since the camoflage fabric is already cut into a long strip!

Or I could make something else entirely!

I think the pink and gold mesh fabrics would make an awesome finishing touch to a hat.

A lot of the fabric is lightweight and semi-sheer, which I'm not as used to working with.

What would you make?

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this post (at our party no less) for scrappy bookmarks. I think I might try that. What a great gift.

    ReplyDelete

Reading all your sweet comments makes me happy! :) I appreciate each and every one and try to reply to all that I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...