Monday 24 March 2014

Wardrobe Revolution Update #2

I first posted about Wardrobe Revolution last November (twice). A month later I posted some progress, then this blog fell by the wayside and I didn't post anything else about it. Boo, me.

So it's time I updated, isn't it?

Dress (worn as top): TK Maxx
Skirt: Charity shop
Belt: Charity shop
Necklace: Handmade

I think I'm doing well. Aside from the few off-days where I slobbed about in jogging bottoms and t-shirts, I've more or less managed to never wear exactly the same outfit twice (accessories are your friend!)

One sister's clear-out is another sister's gain...

I've done my best not to buy any new clothes, though my middle sister had a massive wardrobe clear-out recently, so I ended up with a few new-old garments. Can I still say hand-me-downs when I'm receiving this stuff from a younger sister?!

Beautiful retro belt!

Also, I found this belt at the charity shop a little while ago. I couldn't resist. At £7.50 it was more than I'd usually pay, but it's 1960's and utterly beautiful. Having realised I was lacking in basic belts, I picked up a couple of £1 belts there recently, too. Honestly, I have tonnes of belts, but most were elasticated--not great for all outfits.
The same charity shop received a couple of bags of clothes I've pruned from my wardrobe.

Tunic: Handmade
Long-sleeved tee: Matalan
Jeggings: Vero Moda
Belt: Charity shop
Necklaces: Handmade

Though I haven't bought new clothes, I have made some new clothes. They go with lots of things, and I'm getting a lot of wear out of them, hurrah! I made the tunic in the picture above as part of Design 101, and have worn it several times! The combination of longsleeved tee, tunic and jeggings are a basic, versatile outfit. By rolling up hems and pushing up sleeves, switching the belt (or wearing no belt!), wearing different jewellery or adding a scarf, I can change the look easily!

Waistcoat: Ebay
Shirt: Miss Selfridge/Charity shop
Belt: Retro/Charity shop
Skirt and Hair Bow: Handmade
Jewellery: Handmade/secondhand/gift

This skirt is another item I have made this year, along with a matching hair bow. The fabric came from a charity shop. I utterly love it! (See, I'm wearing the lovely 60's belt!)

Shirt: Retro/Ebay
Skirt: Handmade
Belt: Charity shop
Necklaces: Handmade
Headband: Handmade

Since starting Wardrobe Revolution, I've worn skirts and dresses more frequently. The skirt above is from my Curtain Skirt Tutorial.

Dress (worn as top): Save the Queen/Charity shop
Waistcoat: Handmade
Skirt: Charity shop (altered at home)
Belt: Handmade
Necklace: Handmade

It wasn't my intention to 'Wear Lots of Skirts' for my Wardrobe Revolution. I just happen to own a lot of skirts.

Shirt: Charity shop
Skirt: Handmade
Belt: Charity shop
Necklace: From my Mum

So I've worn skirts as part of outfits that are fairly simple...

Shirt: Betty Jackson Black/TK Maxx
Skirt: Next/Charity shop
Fake Fur Shrug: From my little sister
Waist Corset: Handmade
Belt: Charity shop
Necklace: Handmade

...and some that are a little crazy and dressed-up.

Black Chiffon Tunic (worn as top): Vero Moda/Charity shop
Check top: Handmade
Skirt: Ebay
Necklace: Handmade

I've toyed with the alternative, gothy-monochrome phase of my late teens...

Jumper: Wool Overs
Skirt: F+F at Tesco
Braces: H&M
Belt: From my Mum
Ring: Handmade

...but also taken inspiration from fashion magazines (this one was inspired by an ad for Maje, though the braces were my own addition!)

Shirt: Lindex
Trousers: Vero Moda
Waistcoat: Miss e-vie
Scarf: From my Mum
Rings: H&M
Brooch: Antiques fair

However, I do still wear trousers. They're too comfortable and practical to ignore!

Longsleeved Tee: Matalan
Plaid top: Handmade
Jeggings: Dorothy Perkins
Underbust Corset: Ebay

As you might have guessed, I still like to put together outfits that are 'different' and a little quirky, even if they're still fairly simple.

Looking at my captions, it seems I buy a lot from charity shops, haha! Well, it's for a good cause, huh?

I post my outfit shots on instagram @unfortunatelyoh. If you're not on instagram, you can see my pics by viewing #wardroberevolution on webstagram. Feel free to join me with your own outfit shots, using #wardroberevolution !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading all your sweet comments makes me happy! :) I appreciate each and every one and try to reply to all that I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...